The national survey for The Early Years Insights was carried out in August and September 2019. The survey had over 2,100 respondents across Australia, making it the most comprehensive benchmarking study of the early years sector.
- Sector Indicators – Australia, New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, Rest of Australia
- Occupancy Drivers – high occupancy services make $71k more profit annually. Deep dive into the value-add services driving occupancy.
- Seasonality – occupancy in both LDC and OSHC segments vary by up to 25% due to seasonality.
- NQS Rating Impact – services exceeding the NQS charge 7% higher fees. Learn how Quality Area ratings impact key performance indicators.
- Nutrition is a differentiation – services that put a focus on nutrition reported $187k more in revenue, driven by higher average daily rates and occupancy.
- Improving cash flow – services utilising Xero as their accounting software reported a saving of $11k per annum, driven by lower staff costs.
- Time based performance – 81% of services that have been operating 5+ years are meeting or exceeding the National Quality Standards.
- Additional staffing requirement – 69% of services are not ready for the upcoming regulations starting on the 1 January 2020.
- Choosing child care software – the wrong software can cost services up to $71k per annum in additional staff costs.